» Strategic Opportunities 2017-2018
Strategic Opportunities 2017-2018
Ministry Strat-Op – To Be Accomplished in 2017
- Launch redesigned website
- Build database to a minimum of 5,000 elders and church leaders
- Develop a “membership” subscription service
- Build a PDF library of “helping documents” for elders and church leaders
- Film “E2-Talks” on specific elder issues and make available on line
- Hold E2 Elder Conferences at Dallas Christian College (March), Johnson University—Florida (October), at Heritage Christian Church for churches in Georgia (September), and at Kentucky Christian College (pending).
- Present Workshop on Elder & Staff Health at NACC (North American Christian Convention in June and at ICOM (International Conference on Missions) in November.
- Distribute our Elder & Staff Team Conflict Assessment tool to individual congregations and develop a “Health Plan” for their leadership teams.
- Stage inaugural Midwest Elder Fall Retreat at Indian Creek Christian Church.
- Produce Elder Curriculum in Spanish.
- Offer four sequential elder training webinars in partnership with Waypoint Church Planters.
- Further develop elder coaching services available over Skype.
- Redesign monthly e-newsletter, and leverage it to point readers to the website for further engagement.
- Use social media to engage younger elders.
- Create elder cohort groups, introducing elders from multiple churches to work relationally with one another in mentoring relationships
- Develop and fund a $100,000 operating budget with funding from gifts, grants, product sales and services.
- Hire first staff member.
- Occupy office space at Indian Creek Christian Church/Indianapolis.
Ministry Strat-Op – To Be Accomplished in 2018
- Identify, recruit and equip an elder development teaching team in addition to Jim, David, and Gary.
- Begin working with regional churches to host two-day Elder Conferences for smaller, more relational gatherings among elders throughout their geographic region. Mentor the host elder team to become a “model church” of influence (1 Thess. 1:7
- Convert all elder curriculum to e-book and audio book formats.
- Produce and market next level of elder training curriculum.
- Begin offering assessment services, such as Natural Church Development (NCD) analysis to help churches determine a church health plan.
- Develop staff search service to assist churches in their hiring processes.
- Produce material to equip and encourage elders’ spouses.
- Establish internship relationship with our colleges and seminaries.
- Schedule five Elder Conferences to be held on college, seminary and church campuses.
- Expand database to 7,500 elders and church leaders.
- Develop coaching tool to assist churches wanting to transition to an elder governance model.