- Growing new followers in Jesus is, by definition and example, relational.
- The process of maturing people in Jesus – discipling them – will involve the process of getting them into the life of the congregation. This is the process of assimilation.
- Are the people of the congregation submitting their lives to the Bible? We’ll never be discipled if we don’t take Scriptural authority seriously.
- Going hand-in-hand with Scriptural authority, we need to be “people of the book.” As we grow with Jesus, we will also grow in biblical literacy.
- From an elder’s “chair,” seeing believers in the congregation mature will be tied directly to how you and your elder colleagues shepherd the people.