- Equipping incoming elders is a “full-contact sport.” The best equipping, perhaps, comes through deliberate mentoring of elder candidates and newly-installed elders.
- As new elders are prepared to lead the congregation through servanthood, their equipping must help them mature in these 5 Vital Signs of Spiritual Health.
- Whether an elder is newly incoming elder or a long-time servant-leader, we always need to be in ongoing training.
- The model was set for us long ago in Scripture that even the best-equipped among us should always be a life-long learner.
- As new elders are on-boarded and equipped to lead the congregation, we should remember that in many ways, our leadership will reflect a relay race.