- This is a very brief outline of a process to select and develop elders in and for your congregation.
- Those to be recruited do indeed need to meet certain qualifications that are expected of a church servant-leader.
- Just as an individual may feel God calling them into ministry, elders should consider whether they’re being called by God to shepherd the flock.
- When recruiting new elders, please emphasize your congregation’s vetting over just getting a specific individual, or recruiting a certain personality trait. “The plan is greater than the person.“
- Ultimately, eldership comes down to depth of character; are those you are recruiting exhibiting exemplary character?